[olug] Phoenix

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 25 15:07:38 UTC 2002

True statements,  I would like to use Phoenix, because
I really don't use all of the features of Mozilla,
like mail, newsgroups, and address book.

But, I can't say enough good things about Mozilla,
both under Windoze and Linux.  Tab browsing is like
the best thing since sliced bread.  I like killing
pop-add feature as well, but I've noticed on some
sites, like playboy.com, that I've killed the pop-ups
and now when I go back to their site, I am unable to
view pictures on the site.  Not sure why?

> I switched to Mozilla a few months ago to check it
> out, and now it's my
> only browser on my Win98 and Red Hat systems.
> Pop-up blocking, good
> privacy controls, image blocking, it's all there.
> And believe me,
> tabbed browsing is like a wheel mouse.  When you
> first see it, it looks
> funny.  Two weeks later, you wonder how you ever got
> along without it.

The only downside is that sometimes Mozilla can't
handle Flash.  I know I've installed the plug-in
correctly, but if I go to view my plug-ins, it does
not show.

Also, I know they release weekly builds that are
stable, does anyone know how to set up Mozilla to
receive these on a regular basis?

thanks

-Chris

=====