[olug] Too Cool!

Quinn Coldiron qcoldir at nmhs.org
Fri Oct 18 00:17:46 UTC 2002

That's cool.  Back in 1996 I wrote a paper on replacing WindowsNT with
Linux/Samba as I had done for a department at UNL.  Somebody sent it to
CmdrTaco and it got posted as a main story on Slashdot.  I felt the
Slashdot effect on my server for a week solid.  The hard drive lights
stayed solid red for almost a week!

Later in 1998, a co-worker and I went to Linux World and took pics and
did end-of day summaries.  That too got posted as a main story.  By this
time I had a bigger, dual CPU web server with a 500GB Hardware RAID5
system.  The Slashdot effect on it was fun to watch...all those dancing
lights on the RAID.  Just like Christmas :-)

Congrats Eric!!

Quinn

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 19:00, Eric Penne wrote:
> I got 300 reads on my little write up in 24 hours.  Of course I was
> just a little cocky and submitted the story to Newsforge.  Roblimo put
> it in the Newsvac area.
>
> I was wonderinging though if it would be possible to get the main body
> of the message out of italics?  It is kinda hard to read that way.
>
> I want to write up more stuff, but I only get the urge occasionally and
> yesterday at work I didn't have anything to do so I wrote that and went
> out for an afternoon of Geocaching.
>
> Eric

You don't "install" web pages; you simply visit them.
Why should applications be any different?

Quinn P. Coldiron
Cerner Technical Coordinator
Nebraska Methodist Hospital
402-354-1619