[olug] Procmail?

William E. Kempf williamkempf at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 16 20:41:21 UTC 2002

Bear with me... yet another Linux setup frustration on my part, and I am a
newbie.

Running Mandrake 9.0 (finally settled on a Distro, I think, as this is one
nice setup).  Running Postfix as the MTA, and that configuration appears to
check out.  I can send e-mail to an outside account, as well to an inside
account, which appears in the /var/spool/mail/wekempf file.  I've also got
Fetchmail configured and running, and it's polling my Cox mail account and
depositing the mail in /var/spool/mail/wekempf.

I've tried to configure procmail to route the e-mail to my $HOME/Mail
directory structure.  Here's the relevant files in my $HOME directory.

# .procmailrc
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/inbox
PMDIR=$HOME/tmp/procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
:0:
* ^TO_wekempf at cox.net
inbox

# .forward
|/usr/bin/procmail

Mail still winds up in /var/spool/mail/wekempf file instead of $HOME/Mail.
What do I not understand about either the configuration or how things are
supposed to work here?

Bill Kempf