[olug] Hard drive.

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Wed Oct 16 15:48:51 UTC 2002

I have a reiserfs partition that I started seeing strange behaviour with.  I created some files durning an install lastnight that I can't delete.  ls will shwo the files but ls -l will give me a permission denied on the files.  I booted to single user mood remounted / as read only and ran reiserfsck against it.  It gets to a point in the check and informs me it can't read the disk.  Now I am wondering what utilities exist that anyone has used to diagnose failing harddrives under linux.  Thanks in advance.
-Jon