[olug] Disabling firewalls in linux 2.4.18

ERIC MAHLAKO lericom at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 12 12:07:55 UTC 2002

Hi

I'm having a problem in disabling firewalls in linux
2.4.18 so that I can access all the host in the
network using ssh command. My private network looks
like :

                     <=======> Host2
Host1 <====> Router
                     <=======> Host3

All the host to the router box are connected via
crossover cable. I can ping any host from any host via
router. I have used the command "setup" to change the
firewall configuration to "no firewall" but it does
not help in all the hosts together with the router.
Host 1,2,3 can ssh Router but when I try to ssh any of
the host from the router I get the following error:
ssh:connect to address xx.xx.xx.xx port 22: no route
to host or Connection time out.

Can any help

Thanks
Eric