[olug] Cox and Web Servers

Ryan rps at willconsult.com
Wed Oct 9 21:59:01 UTC 2002

At 04:45 PM 10/9/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>--- entire existing thread snipped ---
>
>Would it make everyone happier if we just substituted the word 'premium'
>for 'business' in the Cox service level description?
>
>I, too, wouldn't mind running a webserver at home, but the price they want
>to charge makes it a better deal to get it hosted. Am I unhappy? Yes, a
>little. Do I think that Cox should change their policies because I'm
>unhappy? No. I can go get another service if I think one is better. I can
>try to convince everybody to boycott them until they change. I haven't
>done either because I'm not inconvenienced enough to care that much.
>
>-- Eric Johnson

Would it be ok if they charged extra if you wanted the ICQ port open? or FTP?

I choose to share my photos and other information with family and friends
through my web server (and I don't use Cox).   I would be very unhappy if
my provider wanted to charge me more $$ because I choose to use communicate
on port 80 instead of 25 or others.

-Ryan