[olug] Cox and Web Servers

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Wed Oct 9 16:40:39 UTC 2002

Bill

Look like the only thing to do for now is change the port you run your web
server on to something other than port 80 and advertise it out to those
needed.  I use 3000 right now,  http://www.dawnandtrent.com:3000/ .
I have tried to play with the SRV records you can add to your DNS but with
no success.  I dont think there are too many SRV-cognizant web-browser out
there that support the SRV records yet.  Haven't done any research to see if
any do.  The concept behind the SRV records is nice, you can read up on this
in RFC 2052(obsoleted) http://rfc.sunsite.dk/rfc/rfc2052.html or RFC 2782
http://rfc.sunsite.dk/rfc/rfc2782.html.

Trent