[olug] rsync converts UPPER to lower case?

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Tue Oct 8 20:30:13 UTC 2002

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:41:44 -0500
Jonathan Warren <thechunk at cox.net> wrote:

|Was FAT32 involved anywhere?
|
|On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:33:45AM -0500, Brian Wiese wrote:
|> Ok..
|>
|> I just started using "rsync" today to backup files locally. nice. =)
but I
|> have some directories with names in ALL CAPS, and when rsync copied
them
|> over to my new directory... they were all lowercase ... folders, files
and
|> extensions.
|>
|> ??? Why ???  please help!

actually... going back and looking, I am rsyncing between my / partition
(ext3) to my backup drive /100gb1 which is (vfat)....

so this makes a difference eh?

can I make it keep the filenames exactly?
(i.e. slap vfat around a few times into submission?)

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
  GnuPG/PGP key 0x1E820A73 | "FREEDOM!" - Braveheart

This is not about Napster or DVDs. It's about your Freedom.
  I'll see your DMCA and raise you a First Amendment.
              http://www.anti-dmca.org