[olug] Driving to Re: Meeting 10/01/2002

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 18:13:24 UTC 2002

I'm going to the meeting tonight.  I'm driving from Lincoln.  I'll
probably be leaving around 5:00 PM.  My wife and son will be going with
me and I have to drop them off in Omaha at my sis-in-laws.  I plan on
leaving after the meeting to go pick them up (or have a drink somewhere
*wink wink*).  If there is anybody that wants a ride from Lincoln
please email me.  I have a minivan and 3-4 extra seats (depends on how
wide your butt is).  Geek talk is only allowed in the van if geeks >
non-geeks.  My wife is non and therefore my son is non (I don't get to
decide on that). :)

If I don't get anybody to go with me, then my wife wants to use the van
in Omaha.  In that case would it be possible for somebody to pick me up
and drive me from my sis-in-laws to the meeting?  She lives near 166th
and Blondo.

Maybe next month I can talk about video editing and conversion in
Linux.  Hopefully by that time I will figure out the differences in all
the formats and which programs can work with each format.  I can also
work in  something about firewire.  Right now I can decode WMV and AVI
but the sync on the sound isn't worth a darn on the conversion to mpeg2
or VCD.  On an 800 MHz machine it's slow.

Thanks
Eric Penne
http://www.thepennes.net (no updates for 11 months) :(