[olug] speaking of compact flash

neal rauhauser neallist at wispair.net
Thu Nov 28 16:25:12 UTC 2002

   I was at WispCon II in Chicago a few months back and there was a guy
showing a Soekris.com single board computer in a metal box - take a look
at them http://www.soekris.com

   The hardware developer likes OBSD but the SBCs and accessories are
cool enough (hardware compression and encryption on one mini PCI card!)
that the Linux and FreeBSD folks have picked it up and are working on
support.

   I've got a couple of Linux appliances in my network right now -
running the MikroTik OS http://www.mikrotik.com - as we expand into
places where a full sized PC or a Cisco router won't fit, I'll probably
be bringing more of these into our network.