[olug] Real opportunity for getting Open Source into the Enterprise

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Tue Nov 26 04:42:56 UTC 2002

It sounds like you need a simple database backed app, it could be
easily banged out in something like php or zope (or perl... gah) with
apache/postgresql pretty quickly. Just stick it on a server on site and
give your end users an url. There may even be something on freshmeat
that fits your needs out of the box.

Just how complicated are the requirements for the membership system?
I've been looking to possibly do some volunteer work, but I'd like to
know what I'm getting myself into. Data conversion from the old system
is a big concern. How much automation is needed? Credit card
processing? Reports? Automated mailings? Etc etc...

Heck, I'm thinking of getting some sort of side consulting business
going. I could file it under pro bono work and maybe get a tax write
off for it. (If that's possible...)

Any body else interested in helping?

-- Daniel

On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 04:41 PM, bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu