[olug] Compact Flash booting

Eric Penne epenne at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 22:11:33 UTC 2002

I'm going to try something new before the end of this year.  I
purchased a compact flash to IDE adapter.  I will install this in my
router PC.

Has anybody used a compact flash card as the main hard drive instead of
booting from floppy or or other mechanical device?  Is it faster?
Cheaper is out of the question.  I think the solid state way would be
better since it could give you more room for things like seti :)
because 8MB in compact flash is cheap and these converters are under 15
bucks.

Possibly another good OLUG presentation.  Somebody should start writing
these down so I can remember them and maybe give a presentation on
them.

Eric