[olug] Running before walking. Graphical C

Jacobs, Robert A. RAJACOBS at northropgrumman.com
Mon Nov 25 17:47:08 UTC 2002

I was just having a conversation with my colleagues at Northrop Grumman
about this very issue -- that we are moving more and more towards pretty
dumb terminals.

If you think about it, it really is not a bad approach.  The dumb
terminals of the 70s were not ideal because the architecture, processing
power and job-scheduling of the mainframes of that era made every user
painfully aware of the fact that they were timesharing.  With the power
of today's computers, we can, for the most part, mitigate this problem.