[olug] OT: Freedom Downtime review

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 16:39:43 UTC 2002

--- Brian Wiese <bwiese at cotse.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:25:29 -0600

> hehehe, did anyone get to see "JFK" over the
> weekend, or Friday... on the
> 39th anniversary of our government's coup detat
> against its national
> leader (conspiracy?).  Finally sitting down and
> seeing the facts present
> themselves in this movie is just so amazing,

Ah, I haven't seen that movie in since it came out in
the theather, but if I remember correctly, Stone was
heavily critizies for his 'facts' presented in this
movie.  The Mr. X meeting in front of the White House
was totally bogus.  Stone added that to put his own
'spin' on event.

>I'm
> riled in disbelief that
> corruption has been in our government since at least
> this time.

Are u saying that our gov't was not corrupt up until
this event?

>Oswald
> was basically guilty before the final shots rang
> out.  If this was ancient
> Rome, it would be JFK crying out "et tu Brute?"  All
> to fuel the dog of
> war.
>
> conspiracy or not (ha!), take a moment and review
> this film, especially on
> the anniversary of this most horrific day, in the
> most horrific times of
> (MLK, Ted Kenedy, ..), and let the facts and
> analysis speak for
> themselves.  FACT is stranger than FICTION. =)

While I think that Stone's film was a great fictional
film, NPR has some declassified tapes played on last
Friday's show that were transmissions between
Kennedy's staff (R McNamara and others) and Johnson's
group in Dallas, showing that after the right after
the shots rang out, there was complete confusion, or a
breakdown within the chain of command for about 2 hrs.
and nobody was in charge of the United States.

http://www.npr.org/display_pages/features/feature_853244.html

-Chris

=====