[olug] OT: Seeking Information on Borland C++ CLI for M$

Don Kauffman dkauffman at tconl.com
Wed Nov 20 22:24:30 UTC 2002

List,

I know this is off topic but does anyone here use the Borland C++
compiler CLI on Windoze 98? If so, I'd appreciate a contact as I've not
been able to get the simple C  programs I've written to compile
correctly. Every time I run a compiled program I get an Invalid page
fault. I have a feeling I've missed setting  something in the linker Do
I need to list all the associated files? (i.e. .Syntax: ILINK32
objfiles, exefile, mapfile, libfiles, deffile, resfiles.) The UnHELP
files don't tell me much probably because I don't understand the linking
process very well yet.

I've also not been able to get the system set up to do a compile and
link. I have to compile it first and then manually execute the linker on
the .OBJ files. From what I understand, I shouldn't have to do that.

I downloaded it for free so naturally Borland doesn't support it.

The particular programs are:
BCC32.EXE    C++ compiler (32-bit), command-line version version 5.5.1
ILINK32.EXE    Incremental linker (32-bit), command-line version 5

Let's do this off list unless other folks are having the same problem.

Thanks for any help on this.

--
Don Kauffman
Email: mailto:dkauffman at tconl.com