[olug] CFA install Monday evening

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Nov 16 22:46:19 UTC 2002

Hello everyone,

This Monday Nov 16th, from 2pm - 6/7pm ish?
I will be hosting an installfest for Computers For Africa.  We will be
dusting out computers, installing network cards, and loading a ghost image
of Windows95 with some minor configurations.  No techincal experience is
really required (though it would help) as there will be plenty of guidance
and things to do.

This will be an educational opportunity for anyone who would like to get
inside a computer but hasn't done so before, and of course a chance to
help those in need.  Feel free to come for as long or short a time as you
wish (if we have a good turnout, it won't take long) and please bring
along a beverage or snacks to share, along with a star (or philips #2) bit
screw driver.

If you plan to attend, please reply/email me: bwiese at cotse.com
so I can get an idea of how many people to expect.  Same time and place
next Monday (and possibly the following) as we get these systems ready to
ship out by mid December.

address/directions:
1305 S. 55th Ave

from 72nd and Pacific, head East on Pacific past the 60th street
intersection, go down a hill and at the top of the next hill, turn right
(south) onto 56th street.  Down about 3 blocks is Poppleton (split
street), take a left (east) down 1/2 the block on Poppleton and take an
immediate right on 55th Ave.  1305 is the first house on the east side of
the street, is tan in color.

thanks, please reply if you plan to attend.

peace
Brian