[olug] [Off Topic] Solaris "level 2" support position open.

Daniel G. Linder dlinder at iprev.com
Fri Nov 15 15:57:21 UTC 2002

Hello, sorry for the non-Linux post, but maybe the group can help.
	My company is trying to find a Solaris engineer/admin to help start our helpdesk service.  Unfortunately the head-hunters that we are going through are not very savvy and are sending us people who can barely spell Solaris, let alone handle the level-2 type calls we are going to be taking (i.e. determining if it is an OS or hardware problem, analyzing core-dumps, using truss to troubleshoot problems, etc.).
	Does anyone have any friends/co-workers who are out of a job or looking for a change, are sharp enough in Solaris and can work with people over the phone?  Some of the benefits of the job are few calls during a shift, so their free time could be spent "growing" in other areas learning other things on our network (i.e. the OpenView/Netcool system, the Cisco equipment and networking, Windows NT admin, etc).
	If you want, you can either contact me directly -- dlinder at iprevolution.net -- or to "operations at iprevolution.net".  If they want to find out more about our company in general, they can visit our web site at http://www.iprevolution.net, and click on the "Internet Data Center" link.
	On a personal note, I might be able to schedule a tour of our data center in the near future if there is any interest.  There are a couple of people on the LUG mailing list who are customers of ours so I'll let them speak up if there are any questions that I don't get answered.

Dan