[olug] request for motherboard recommendations

Joey Jensen believer347 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 01:58:14 UTC 2002

"Must boot off a USB drive:"

Did I read that right?  Linux dirver support for USB
devices is pathetic.  (Support USB, but few drivers
for the device themself.)  You might want to try
something like haveing a normal IDE hard drive in each
computer then mounting the USB hard drive after that.
I forget the boot order after you load the kernel, but
you would find life easier if you atleast allow
yourself the IDE hard drive.  Or for that matter you
could maybe even boot it from an IDE hard drive
compleatly and just (auto)mount the USB drive as /home
which might solve most of your difficult issues.
(Make sure to ask the sales clerk if the USB drive
supports Linux.)

Joey Jensen