[olug] question downloading packages

Nick Walter waltern at iivip.com
Sat Nov 9 18:37:01 UTC 2002

It's sadly a frequent occurence on RedHat based systems.  Sometimes trying
to install a single RPM can land you right in the middle of a complex web of
dependencies and it can take a long time to sort it out.

Often the homepage of the software you are trying to install will provide a
list of dependencies and possibly even links to the packages you need to
install first.  Might want to check into that.

Nick Walter