[olug] partition chopping

Ryan rps at willconsult.com
Mon Nov 4 14:41:23 UTC 2002

At 08:36 AM 11/4/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>What's the new and improved method for splitting an existing partition
>to dual boot a machine as an afterthought?  I haven't done this since
>the days of FAT and fips.exe, and the partition now in question is NTFS.
>
>Thanks,
>
>--Adam

I had the same problem with my Compaq laptop.  I looked for a long time
trying to find free partition software that could resize NTFS
partitions.  I came across BootiT NG.  They have a free demo that I
used.  When you create your floppy and boot from it with their software, I
think you will be prompted to install something on your system. You DON'T
need to do that, just hit cancel and use their tools to resize your NTFS
partition.

I think you can get it from http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/ , but that
site isn't pulling up for me right now.

-Ryan