[olug] syslog help

Jacobs, Robert A. RAJACOBS at northropgrumman.com
Fri Nov 1 21:26:13 UTC 2002

Try adding

	log4j.appender.LogFile2.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
	log4j.appender.LogFile2.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t] %-5p %c ::
%m%n

To your appender description...yours does not seem to have a layout
specified.  Maybe
without a layout, log4j does not know how to format the messages (Not sure
if there
is a default layou specified anywhere...)