[olug] Nov. Meeting Topics

Ryan rps at willconsult.com
Fri Nov 1 16:55:25 UTC 2002

At 08:44 AM 11/1/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Are you sure you've never heard of CBDTPA?  It is sponsored by
>Senator Hollings ("The Senator from Disney") and used to be called
>the SSSCA (I think -- there were a LOT of S's).
>
>In any case, he changed the name because of all the bad press it got.
>If you've heard of the latter but not the former then, unfortunately,
>it seems his ploy might have worked.

Nope, never heard of either one.  I have heard of a 'Hollings Bill'
recently, I think.

Where do you guys hear about this stuff?  I try to check news.com once in a
while, and eff.org even less than that.  I check foxnews.com everyday.  I
don't have cable or satellite (But I've been considering dish network
lately...)

-Ryan