[olug] luser trickery

Andrew andrew at einer.org
Fri May 17 22:57:57 UTC 2002

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020.asp

The above link does a much better job of explaining the actual 'exploit'
used here than I did in my previous e-mail.  The true exploit in this
case (I believe) isn't the iFrame vulnerability, but the way it was
used.  As to what's running on port 666... well...  It's not a
'standard' port (ie, it's not listed in /etc/services).  So what could
it be?

A short list of exploits known to run on port 666:

Attack FTP, Back Construction, Cain & Abel, NokNok, Satans Back Door -
SBD, ServU, Shadow Phyre

You can google for more I'm sure, but this list was from
http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/IDFAQ/oddports.htm

sans is a fairly reliable source.  ;)

Andrew

For help contact olug-help at olug.org - run by ezmlm