[olug] qmail - install - trying the test bit...

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Fri Mar 22 03:08:27 UTC 2002

I forgot that I stripped html messages on the list..... the "red" line I was
refering to...

    echo ./Mailbox >/var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery

with that said, you are seeing the expected output, mbox format, in the
users homedir with the name od Mailbox

personally, I use a more UNIX standard like local email delivery, including
dot-forward, etc....

the article points out where you need to go to change the local delivery
procedure, /var/mail/boot/{example_script}

the "qmailctl" script is basically calling svc ( daemontools ) to start all
the stuff up, I have never looked at the URL you mentioned, and I think I
will forget I ever seen it, as I disagree with alot of what it is
stating.... linux is SYSV, e.g. it HAS init ; you dont NEED daemontools
unless you are under *BSD... arg, another gripe about *BSD ;-) ANYWAYS...
the file you want to edit is /var/qmail/rc aparently, ( remember, I do not
do it the way it is laid out there ) and change it to call qmail-start with
the options you want, ( again, checkout /var/qmail/boot/{scripts} for
different examples....

hope this helps!