[olug] OT: After installfest

Timothy G. O'Brien irishmasms at netscape.net
Tue Jul 16 04:03:02 UTC 2002

Ok, The crazy Irishman has returned home to see Saturday evenings exploits discussed in a totally off topic thread on OLUG list. So what the hell I'll add my .02:

- What happened to “what goes on at the bar stays at the bar;” or for you military types “what goes TDY stays TDY”?? Come on now – slightly bad form.

- No shots for me on an empty tummy – not eating all day and those sort of shots, mixed with a good dark beer equals bad times. Not that I have had any previous personal experiences in that mind you. ;-]

- If she was not after a man (whether long term or for an hour) then why did she purchase a shot for him; and then leave when she came to the conclusion that he (and no one else at the table) was not going to drink it?

- All geeks were invited to the Cresent after install fest – so where were you girlz geek Tanya? ;-]

- Second wind? About 10 pm while I was bowling!

I'll leave the comment about selling Dan an wedding ring for cheap alone. And yes, this topic is really pretty depressing – but so is the dating scene in this town. But that is a different rant, for a different list, at a different time.

So, this is the end of this thread – back to *inux stuff please.... 'nuf said about this.

CM Miller <cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>The things that strikes me funny is she was after all
>the married men at the table, not the single guys...
>
>Jeez, what part of 'hey, there's a wedding ring on my
>left hand' do you not understand?
>
>-Chris
>

>--- CM Miller <cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm suprised that Tim turned it away.
>>
>> Help him catch his second wind...
>>
>> :-)
>>
>> -Chris
>>

>> --- Eric Penne <epenne at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > Who drank the kamikazee? :)

>> > Yahoo! Autos - Get free new car price quotes
>> > http://autos.yahoo.com

<<snip>>

For help contact olug-help at olug.org - run by ezmlm
(c)1998-2002 OLUG http://www.olug.org