[olug] New COX managed network bad for Linux

Mark E mnmfactory at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:31:30 UTC 2002

Thanks for the response to my post. I hope I got bad info...

My greatest concern is, still, that I cannot address my machine from outside
my home. Currently I will login to my home PC from work to get some files or
do some VNC remote work on lunch break.

Even after your explanation, I still have apprehension about this part. If
that is indeed a problem, then the ability to run a webserver (even on a
non-standard port) would be disabled because you could not with any
reliability be able to connect the machine or address it from the Internet.

-Mark E.

For help contact olug-help at bstc.net - run by ezmlm
(c)2001 OLUG http://www.olug.org