[olug] SANSUG information & "Omaha DEFCON"

Timothy G. O'Brien IrishMASMS at netscape.net
Tue Jan 8 00:54:49 UTC 2002

The last Omaha "DEFCON" (for a lack of a better term) was on an enclosed network with equipment loaned from Dave Elfering & Werner Enterprises; at their location in little West Omahell. Individuals interested organizing the SANSUG further & planning meetings are supposed to meet some time this week - I'll be sure to bring up having another "DEFCON". There was also some discussion about setting up a lab & test network to test & evaluate some of the popular desktop firewalls.

Dave went & set up the mailing list on & Yahoo Group for the SANS User Group today - I have attached the information below. Please feel free to sign up, participate, and pass those addresses on to anyone else you feel may be interested in joining the group. Anyone who has an interest in security would benefit. I am just getting up to speed with Information Assurance, and my participation has been invaluable for getting up to speed and networking. Hope to see some of you there!

Irish