[olug] InstallFest

Ryan rps at willconsult.com
Mon Dec 23 14:09:21 UTC 2002

At 03:00 PM 12/21/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I had a thought. Is there any reason why we couldn't have a sale table set
>up at Installfest for older equipment / books? Maybe contribute 5-10% of
>personal proceeds  to OLUG for "advancement of Open Source Software". Like
>I said it is just  a thought and  needs to be fleshed out. Or has this
>been tried before?

We setup a 'swap table' when we have install fests here in Sioux
City.  People just bring their stuff in and stick a price on it (a name is
good too, so a buyer can find you).  I think its a great idea.  Some people
who are interested in Linux but don't want to install it on their main
system might just buy a 166Mhz box for $20-30 or something.  We also had a
couple laptop drives for sale and people were able to purchase those and
then they had a place to try out linux on their laptop.

-Ryan