[olug] linux web server management ?

IrishMASMS IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sat Dec 21 04:00:29 UTC 2002

<quote who="Eric Penne">
> This line also bothers me.  This one actually makes me downright mad.
>
>> There is a such thing as EASY, its
>> called windows XP.
>
> Microsoft is a confirmed monopoly!  They are in the business to make
> money at almost any cost.  They don't hold true to standards.  They
> overcharge for software.  They collect personal information.  They limit
> my freedoms and choices.  Just because they have 95% of the
> desktop market doesn't make them a good company to do business with.
>
> Just because the user wants easy doesn't mean they should use
> microsoft!
>
> Eric

Just because the user wants cheap things does not mean they should go to
Walmart or Old Navy either - but they do. Why is that?

The typical consumer does not care about monopolies, standards, their own
personal information, even their freedoms and choices. They have the idea
that chasing the almighty dollar and taking the easy way out is the best
way to live; totally rejecting any shred of integrity they may have had.

That is one of the paradigms Linux & open source zealots are fighting, IMHO.

Irish
--
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?