[olug] linux web server management ?

Sam Tetherow tetherow at nol.org
Wed Dec 18 21:28:39 UTC 2002

~# apt-get install gnucash
   <output from install of gnucash would go here>
CTLR-D
~> gnucash

I know it works like this I did it about 9 months ago.  It grabbed all
the supporing gnome stuff I didn't have and installed it as well.

If there is a deb package for it in the apt-sources file it doesn't get
much more complicated.

Easier than ./setup.exe, I think so, I didn't have to go find the
package on a web page, I didn't have to download it to a temp directory
and optionally unzip it either.  I know there is a nice console
interface (aptitude or apt-find) and there are GUI's as well but I don't
use them for anything other than looking for a package name or checking
version on available packages.  One of these days I'm going to spend
some time on apt-file and figure out how to grep through a list of
available packages on the command line.