[MLIST] [olug] Has Anyone Gotten the New Cox (Motorola Surfboard) to work with Linux?

Joe Catanzaro joecatanzaro at cox.net
Wed Dec 18 16:18:51 UTC 2002

And if resetting the cable modem doesn't work, I've found that powering off
the cable modem and waiting about 15 minutes (or however long it takes for
the DHCP lease to expire) and then power the cable modem back on will do
the trick. I've had this experience with several different Linux distros
and several different cable modems. And the one time 15 minutes didn't
work, for some reason an hour did. Go figure.....