[olug] Has Anyone Gotten the New Cox (Motorola Surfboard) to work with Linux?

Joey Jensen believer347 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 18 03:12:59 UTC 2002

I'm running redhat 8.0 (previously redhat 7.2) I am
using the surfboard modem from cox.  Linux worked very
happily with the coax switch(surfboard modem).  I
didn't have to as much as tell Linux it was connected
to it.  There are 2 ways of connecting (mine) to a
computer, a usb cable (no Linux drivers.)  and a
10/100 ethernet cable.  (I latter connected mine to a
switch which I recommend if you have more than one
computer in the house.)

I personally think dialup is obsoleate and should be
avoided as much as possible.

Joey Jensen