[olug] Has Anyone Gotten the New Cox (Motorola Surfboard) to work with Linux?

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Wed Dec 18 02:59:32 UTC 2002

I'm running Mandrake 8.2. My old very original Cox Modem had quit working (according to the Cox technician). The Cox technician recommended a new Motorola Surfboard modem and that the old one be returned.

Now my old Windows system will hook up to the modem fine.
Neither the Linux system in the dhcp mode nor in the static mode to the address given by winipcfg will work with the modem.

Any suggestions?