[olug] Red hat cert

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 19:44:34 UTC 2002

--- Jonathan Warren <thechunk at cox.net> wrote:
>Catbert becomes more
> entertaining the more I deal with HR.

(Insert Evil Laugh Here) I was the heartless Catbert
for the last 1 1/2 yrs.

Some hiring managers are pro-cert, others anti-cert.
The reasons for both are numerous.  Generally a cert.
is getting a foot in the door, or for the change of
career.

But when I worked for UP, it seemed most of the IT
folks were hired on as contractors and converted to as
an employee after proving themselves or hired straight
out of 4 yr. college, but the hiring process is
probably different for all companies.

But I can't tell you how many blind (resumes that are
sent in that aren't referenceing a certain open
position) IT resumes I round-filed during my time with
HR due to the economy.  Too many.

=====