[olug] USB Keyboard and Grub

Jonathan Warren thechunk at cox.net
Thu Dec 12 20:45:11 UTC 2002

I can send my lilo.conf if you want to see it.  This installs lilo.to the mbr.  You probably don't want the vga=773 unless you have a geforce2 mx and you don't need the appends unless your cd recorder is onl that device.  Also make sure you kernel is in the correct location on your filesystem.
# LILO configuration file
# generated by 'liloconfig'
#
# Start LILO global section
boot = /dev/hda
#compact        # faster, but won't work on all systems.
prompt
#delay = 300
timeout=50
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256
#vga = 790
#vga = ask
# Normal VGA console
#vga = normal
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x64k
# vga=791
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x32k
# vga=790
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x256
vga=773
# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x64k
# vga=788
# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x32k
# vga=787
# VESA framebuffer console @ 800x600x256
# vga=771
# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x64k
# vga=785
# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x32k
# vga=784
# VESA framebuffer console @ 640x480x256
# vga=769
# ramdisk = 0     # paranoia setting
# End LILO global section
# Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /boot/vmlinuz-ide-2.4.19
  root = /dev/hda7
  label = linux-2.4.19
  read-only # Non-UMSDOS filesystems should be mounted read-only for checking
  append="hdd=ide-scsi"
# Linux bootable partition config ends
# DOS bootable partition config begins
other = /dev/hda1