[olug] Recommendation on a CD-RW drive

Sam Tetherow tetherow at nol.org
Thu Dec 12 04:44:54 UTC 2002

Not that I have anything against Toshiba, or buying quality parts, but
when it comes to CD-RW you might want to consider whether you are going
to even want the drive 4 years from now?  Granted I think the CD drives
are approaching a theoretical maximum for speed but if you bought a
CD-RW 4 years ago you would be burning at what, x4?  If you are like
Nick and want a CD burner that last that long spend the extra bucks.  Me
personally I don't mind spending $30 every 2 years and getting the
faster speed on the burner, or more than likely after the next cheap
CD-RW I buy I will be looking at cheap DVD-RW.

Just some food for thought.