[olug] Old and BROKEN hardware...

Daniel G. Linder dlinder at iprev.com
Tue Dec 3 18:32:55 UTC 2002

Michael Ray wrote:
> I havesome striped 200/166 i will give up and some old
> harddrives 500/700 megs let me know

I don't want to be the direct recipiant of the old equipment in general.  Aside from my wife being a teacher, I don't have any other contacts at any school or district office that anyone else would have after going through the phone book.  Anyway, my wife would kick me out to sleep in the garage if I brought home any more computer equipment... :)

If you have old equipment, please start by contacting your childs teacher and have them point you to the "technology person" at their school.  Explain to them that the computers themeselves are probably not much use to try and run anything on, but they are a good source of pieces and parts for the kids to touch and see.  If that is a dead end, try to find out the central office for your school district and explain to their technology person what you are offering.

Good luck!  *IF* you try all of the above and still can't give the systems to a deserving school *THEN* get ahold of me again...

Dan