[olug] Co-Location: Just For Fun

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Thu Aug 15 17:19:26 UTC 2002

I've been happy with these guys:

http://www.linuxwebnet.com/

1U or Minitower colo starts at $80 (20 gig/month) or $100 (100
gig/month). From what i can gather they're pretty much just a bunch of
geeks who wanted a data center. Of course, they're located in Maryland,
but they're offering free shipping of your machine right now. Just make
sure you install a stable os and know how to fix it on the fly without
crashing and reboots and you'll be fine. I also did a quick priceout of
a dedicated server, 850mhz - 20gig - 128mb - 100gig/month - 1 ip was
$65/month + $65 setup.

On Wed, 2002-08-14 at 20:52, Joe Catanzaro wrote:
> A few of my friends and I would like to co-locate a Linux box somewhere in
> Omaha. It's going to be for a few web pages (probably non-commercial), some
> ftp, maybe mail, and other stuff. Can someone recommend a provider here in
> Omaha that's super cheap? If not, we're probably going to go with some type
> of shared service.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Joe Catanzaro
> joecatanzaro at cox.net

-- Daniel Pfile - daniel AT pfile DAWT net