[olug] [OT] Cisco Catalyst 5000

Nate Rotschafer writetogenius at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 11 14:55:58 UTC 2002

Just curious if any of you with cisco experience could lend a hand on this
one...I bought this Catalyst 5000 in Las Vegas at Defcon and am now using it
as my "backbone switch" for my house...only one problem...the ports are set
to full duplex as shown below but the only make a half duplex
connection...any ideas

Port  Name               Status     Vlan       Level  Duplex Speed Type
----- ------------------ ---------- ---------- ------ ------ -----
------------
3/2  BRANDON            connected  100        normal   full   100 100BaseTX

Port  Security Secure-Src-Addr   Last-Src-Addr     Shutdown Trap     IfIndex
----- -------- ----------------- ----------------- -------- -------- -------
3/2  disabled                                     No       disabled 6

Port     Broadcast-Limit Broadcast-Drop
-------- --------------- --------------
3/2                   -              0

Port  Align-Err  FCS-Err    Xmit-Err   Rcv-Err    UnderSize
3/2         529        438          0         26         0

Port  Single-Col Multi-Coll Late-Coll  Excess-Col Carri-Sen Runts     Giants
---------
3/2           0          0          0          0         0      4013
0

But the switch only shows a half duplex connection...

Thanks,
Nate