[olug] DIT 1.1GHz Video Setup

Joe Noble noble at flashman.com
Fri Aug 9 12:00:44 UTC 2002

Follow-up:

Left the machine running overnight.  Awoke and found the screen saver
had hung.  The screen saver was running fine when I went to bed.  Had to
turn power off, which is not a good thing.  Will try playing with
options in the Xconfig file this weekend.  The person developing the
driver said something like this might happen since the driver is the
first version to support this card.

Has anyone configured this DIT 1.1 system?  Anyone had similar
experiences? Any suggestions on what options to turn on or off?  DIT
told me some people in the area had got Linux to work on this system
before I bought it.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7VKML
Video Card: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR

THANKS