[olug] Allowing apache to look at directories

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Thu Aug 8 22:20:48 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 16:23, Jordan Wilberding wrote:
> I updated Apache and for somre reason it has seemed to change my config
> files. So I was wondering if anyone knows how I can tell apache to create
> an index.html file for directories that don't have one. (IE: I have a couple
> of folders with just files in them, and I would like apache to create a
> directory listing of all those files)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#options

check out your httpd.conf or access.conf and look for a <Directory>
block of stuff. Depending on where you want the directory index add the
keyword Indexes to the Options line. Like so:

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
   AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
   Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
   etc etc etc
</Directory>

--
-- Daniel Pfile - daniel AT pfile DAWT net