[olug] LILO trouble

Gary mescie at cox.net
Sat Apr 20 06:59:58 UTC 2002

I have 2 HDD's.A 5 Gig windows (master) and a 20 Gig linux (secondary) with a 150 MB / partition a 250 Mb /home and a 250 Mb /var partition a 8.5 Gig /usr partition and 127 Mb swap partition.My problem is that LILO won't appear at all because it's not within the 1023 cylinder limit,my cylinder is set at 2034.I've used this setup before and LILO liked it just fine.I've reinstalled linux 3 times in 7 days trying to get LILO to work,with no luck of course.I've tried to set my cylinder to 1023 and lower in my BIOS but when I do the total HDD size  decreases dramatically to like 5 Gig (from 20 Gig).Is there another was to change my cylinder situation?

                Thank you,Gary