[olug] Fw: [ST2002] REMINDER: Town Meetings are FREE and your voice is important!

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Thu Apr 18 20:40:25 UTC 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:53:58 -0500
Jonathan Warren <jonwarren at cox.net> wrote:

|Can someone interpret this for me?  Where are the meetings at?  Who are
they trying to influance?

As I have been informed, the meetings will be held at the Scott Conference
Center, which adjoins the Scott Hall on the South UNO/Aksarben campus
(around 64th) on Pine Street, just 1-2 block(s)? north of Center.

http://www.collegepark.org/scottconf/home.htm

As for who are they trying to influence... I don't know, I think its just
an open discussion to bring about awareness on the topics and maybe as a
town decide for or against them? I honestly don't know, but it sounds
interesting. =)  Should be a concern to most anyone who cares about
privacy anymore these days...

|On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 01:39:19AM -0500, Brian Wiese wrote:
|> Please come yourself or designate people and PLEASE REPLY IMMEDIATELY
|> with desired sessions(s), # of seats, names, titles, affiliations,
phone
|> and email of attendees to GUARANTEE seat reservations for:
|>
|> 1. Town Meeting: Critical Infrastructure and Security Related to Health
|> Care
|> April 20, 2002 - Saturday 1 pm - 5 pm
|>
|> 2. Town Meeting: Security and Privacy Related to Health Care
|> April 21, 2002 - Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm
|>
|> 3. Debate and Public Comment: Banning the use of MAGIC LANTERN and
|> CARNIVORE
|> April 20, 2002 - Saturday 9 am - 12 pm Main Debate and Discussion
|> April 21, 2002 - Sunday 9 am - 12 pm Residual Discussion

Contact Chet below to reserve a seat, etc...

|> Best Regards,
|>
|> Chet Uber
|> Co-Chair Information Security Awareness Week
|>
|> --
|> Chet Uber, eidetic at mindspring.com, PGP
|> B8DE8D3F
|> Senior Advisor, SecurityPosture
|> 7660 Dodge Street, Suite D - Omaha, NE 68114
|> vox +1 402.498.2673 fax +1 402.391.3906 cell +1 402.671.9720

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
GnuPG = www.unomaha.edu/~bwiese/gpg/bwiese-pubkey.html
          "FREEDOM!"  - Braveheart