[olug] 1st Post and Info on CXOffice

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Sat Apr 6 02:31:51 UTC 2002

On Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:10:28
"Nate Rotschafer" <writetogenius at hotmail.com> wrote:

|Welcome to the list...I have been considering the product but wish they
had
|some kind of demo to try to see if it works with the features I need as I

|use specific areas of office...I, as a college student, have issues
paying
|$50 for something I don't know if 1) I'll use enough to make it worth it
and
|2) If it does exactly what I want...and I'm broke so $50 is a lot of
money
|:-)
|
|Nate

Check the link, and select the app you want to know about, it
lists know limitations....
http://codeweavers.com/products/office/supported_applications.php

i.e.:
http://codeweavers.com/products/office/supported_applications.php?id=a-msword

Microsoft Word
CrossOver Office supports both Word 97 and Word 2000.
Known Limitations
When clicking on an hyperlink and after a few other operations,
      Word stalls for a few seconds.
The ClipArt gallery does not work because Microsoft Office installs
      a version of the MFC dll (mfc42.dll) which is out of date. The
      workaround is to copy this library from a working Windows partition.
The mouse pointer that is displayed is sometimes not the right one.
      In particular this has been reported to happen with the hourglass
      cursor. So if the hourglass cursor is displayed for some time, check

      whether Word really is busy. This apparently does not happen with
all
      versions of Word.
The Office Assistant does not work well yet and usually causes
      malfunctions. Thus it is disabled by default.  // HECK YEAH!!! =)

  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
GnuPG = www.unomaha.edu/~bwiese/gpg/bwiese-pubkey.html
          "FREEDOM!"  - Braveheart