[olug] this weekend! rubicon

Brian Wiese bwiese at cotse.com
Mon Apr 1 21:33:34 UTC 2002

omg, I can't believe its already here, I don't know if I really have a
vehicle even yet or not... anybody else want to go? (sorry, guess this
it's a little late/short notice in spreading this info out)

http://rubi-con.org/
April 5-7, 2002 - Romulus Marriott - Detroit Michigan

conference: $40/student ('of life' or whatever, any student)
hotel: $70/nite/room

runs from Friday at noon till Sunday at 4pm,
(so I dunno if I'll be back in time for class on monday morn?)

interesting topics:
"Building and Managing Firewall/VPN Systems with OpenBSD"
"Distributed Cracking of Elliptic Curve Cryptosystems"
"802.11: Form, Function, Use and Security"
"Sniffing 802.11b for fun and profit"
"CryptoMail: Pervasive and Transparent Email Cryptography for all"
"Hacking your Urine: A guide to passing drug tests" (hahaha)
"Running and configuring BIND securely"
"Using Military Intelligence Techniques for Incident Response
Investigation
... and tons more.  Some of the same old, some of the new.

I have an advanced ticket, and was planning on heading out with my roomate
and his car, but things aren't so sure anymore.

peace
Brian
  Brian Wiese | bwiese at cotse.com | aim: unolinuxguru
GnuPG = www.unomaha.edu/~bwiese/gpg/bwiese-pubkey.html