[olug] Polls and Mail Servers and Backup Solutions

Mike Peterson mpeterson at charles.coxatwork.com
Thu Sep 13 19:27:03 UTC 2001

Can any registered www.olug.org user create a poll?

What do most people run for Mail Servers?
Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, Courire, other.

Has anyone had problems with running Redhat 7.1 Sendmail with 2 NIC cards?

What type of backup solutions do the server administrators that listen and support this list run?

I run mirroring and also LoneTar backup and recovery.
With LoneTar and Redhat 6.2 or 7.0 you get backup and
full file verification and you can restore your server from
2 floppy diskettes and your most recent full tape backup.
I have IDE HD and SCSI tape backup.
I use Ecrix tape drive with NT, SCO, and Redhat.

Has anyone locally or on the list used

Arkeia, ArcServe, Amanda, or others.

Do most administrators do a full backup or incremental backup each day?