[olug] Red Hat upgrade question

Brian Roberson roberson at bstc.net
Sun Oct 14 23:28:10 UTC 2001

copy the mudules image from the first redhat cd, or the ftp site, it is in the images/ directory, same place you got the bootdisk image. With that, write the image to a floppy disk:

under linux:
dd if=modules.img of=/dev/fd0

under winblows:
rawrite  ( this binary is in the dosutils/ directory on cd #1 )
follow on screen directions

have you tried to autodetect the nic? It may actually be supported by the bootdisk, you probably will not find a driver named "NDC" , but the chipset on the card it more than likely supported.