[olug] Installfest thoughts

Jon Larsen jlarsen at cas-online.com
Fri Oct 5 16:00:09 UTC 2001

-Fliers
I'm doing a little thinking on the upcoming InstallFest.  I think fliers
are an important method for getting the word out.  I don't mind creating
these fliers, as well as generating PDFs for everyone to print them out
and stick them at their favorite computer hangout, college dorm,
work lunchroom, car windows, streetpoles :), etc.

I have started working on a small 3X7 brochure, with a 8.5X11
version coming after that.

Let's work on what should be on the fliers - post your suggestions to
the mailing list.

The obvious ones come to mind:

Date & Time
Location
Directions
URL link for more information
Descriptive taglines
Tux logo
OLUG logo
OLUG website and meeting information
OLUG Mailing list information

I will bring final draft samples to the upcoming meeting later this month.
In the meatime, I'll get draft samples posted online following everyone's
input and post the URL for your review soon.

- Tracks
We should think about having two tracks running at Installfest - one for
new installations, another for advanced or troubleshooting.  During the
last fest, there was a good amount of troubleshooting going on, and it
would be a shame to let some of the newer folks who haven't installed
linux get lost in the crowd.  Should be create two seperate tracks,
thereby adding more structure to our little event?

Jon L.

--
[ relayer at home.com - http://www.animesunday.org/jonl ]

For help contact olug-help at bstc.net - run by ezmlm