[olug] copying from UNIX or Linux to DOS and retaining original time stamp

Mike Peterson mpeterson at charles.coxatwork.com
Fri Nov 23 21:10:11 UTC 2001

Does anyone know of any other ways to copy a directory structure and all of the files in it
from UNIX or Linux to DOS/Windows and retain the dates on all the files and directories?

The only way I can think of is to cpio or maybe tar the files and directories.
Then do a binary transfer and then uncpio or untar on the DOS drive.

The files are text source code files that I want to archive to a CD with there time stamps intact.