[olug] Voodoo4

Jon thechunk at thechunk.dhs.org
Thu May 24 03:29:07 UTC 2001

I was thinking back to the days when I ran my voodoo 2 and rembered the best most accurate howtos for Xfree86 and opengl were at none other than lokigames.com.  Anyway here are some links to some great "how to get your games going" tutorials.

http://faqs.lokigames.com/faq.php3?view=index&product=GL40
http://faqs.lokigames.com/faq.php3?view=category&product=GL40&faq_cat=DRI

I think the dri section is where you will go for glx.

Also make sure that that you are loading the correct kernel module for the voodoo cards and make sure that if it needs a device created that it exists and has permissions by the user starting X.  Anyway just some brain dumps don't know how much of this you have tried already.

-Jon